Speaking Engagements & Private Workshops - Get Dean Bubley to present or chair your event

Need an experienced, provocative & influential telecoms keynote speaker, moderator/chair or workshop facilitator?
To see recent presentations, and discuss Dean Bubley's appearance at a specific event, click here

Friday, January 27, 2006

Make money out of your friends' incessant chatter.... or spammers... 3 WePay

I love the possibilities of 3 UK's new WePay tariff .

Personally, I'm very much a fan of the 4-second phone call: "Alright mate? Pub? 7 o'clock? Yep. Sorted. Seeya later". But I do have quite a lot of friends who would rather have their entire conversation on the phone, rather than talking in a civilised fashion an hour later, over a pint. Maybe knowing they were effectively buying me a drink before we got to the bar would make them change their behaviour....

Similarly, having a completely separate mobile number that I can dedicate to giving to organisations I suspect will spam me with SMSs is a great idea. I always avoid putting my mobile number into forms that I expect will generate marketing guff.

Actually, this is the first manifestation of something I've wanted and expected for ages - making the "marketing industry" pay for the privilege of marketing at me. Want to send me a piece of junk mail? You pay. Want my personal details in your database? You pay. Want to phone up and try and sell me stuff? You pay. Maybe if you've got a product & you're not wasting my time, I'll give you a refund against my future purchase. You're on commission selling me stuff? Share it.

Nice one 3, truly visionary. Now where do I send my invoice for having to see your appalling adverts on the tube?

No comments: